Mon Oct 15 18:24:59 EDT 2012
why does nanoblogger generate broken links
(Attention conservation notice: I found an obscure bug in my blog publishing software. You are unlikely to care about it.)
Why the hell does my site have so many broken links?
I'll spare you the grimy details of the hour of troubleshooting, and jump right to the
punchline. Nanoblogger 3.4.2 has a bug which generates bad relative links
when you do
./nb update all
Nanoblogger is no longer updated, so this isn't a problem that can be
solved by upgrading. I didn't want to dive into the parsing engine, so I had
to find a workaround, which turned out to be pretty simple: just update it a
year at a time.
./nb update YYYY works
./nb update 2012) I've only got six years of
archives, so all I had to do was run it six times.
I'm posting this incredibly boring post in the hopes it'll save one of the six other users of nanoblogger some confusion in the future.
Posted by Samuel Bierwagen | Permanent link | File under: Linux